Pabhojan Gold Tea of Assam
India's love affair with chai is long-standing and well-known. We cannot imagine starting our day in any other way than with a cup of chai. This comforting brew has many regional varieties and versions which are produced across the country and even the world. Recently, one such rare tea variety from Assam, called Pabhojan Gold Tea, has been sold for a record price of Rs. 1Lakh per Kg. The tea was sold by Pabhojan Organic Tea Estate through the auction where the auctioned tea variety received the highest bid price ever. This tea is known for its variant characteristics leaving bright liquor and soothing after-taste.
Pabhojan Gold is a very rare variety of tea. The techniques used in plucking and preparations of Pabhojan Gold Tea are very unique. The making of Pabhojan Gold Tea is also different from other specialty teas of Assam. Making Pabhojan Gold Tea is an art, and the cutting and rolling are done manually and no machines are involved. This especially hand crafted tea is much in demand across the world.
Esah Tea bought Pabhojan Gold Tea of Assam for 1 Lakh Rupees. What makes Pabhojan Gold Tea So Special?
The smell, taste and colour make a tea different from other teas. There are many points to consider that make Pabhojan Gold Tea unique.
- This tea only grows in a particular climate, weather and place.
- Pabhojan Gold Tea is made from the finest clone of the tea plant – the P-126.
- Pabhojan Gold Tea is made from the buds of the tea tree. A single tea tree produces only one bud. So, imagine how many trees are required to produce 1 kg of tea!
- The process of making Pabhojan Gold Tea is tedious, needs special skills and is a time consuming process.
- The production of this tea is completely orthodox. It uses manual or hand processes rather than machines.
- Taste, flavour and colour differ from place to place and time to time. Only the gold tea of Pabhojan Tea Estate has this taste.
- Pabhojan Tea Estate started making Pabhojan Gold Tea from 2019. Only a small quantity can be produced each year. Pabhojan has produced only 1 kilogram of this tea in a year.
- It has a high amount of antioxidants.
Where is Pabhojan gold tea grown?
The Pabhojan Gold Tea is produced by the Pabhojan Organic Tea Estate in upper Assam's Golaghat district. A famous and rare variety of Assam tea called Pabhojan Gold Tea has set a record on 20th June, 2022, Monday after it was auctioned at a record price of ₹1Lakh per kg
How is Pabhojan Gold Tea made?
Pabhojan Gold tea is not made from tea leaves but from the finest tea buds. It is a very tedious and difficult process. Pabhojan Gold Tea is made from unopened tea buds. These unopened tea buds have a fine finish. From a plant, only 1 bud is obtained for this kind of tea.
Pabhojan Gold Tea Benefits
Pabhojan Gold Tea has a positive effect on our health and well-being due to the high presence of many substances beneficial to our body. Like it has a high amount of antioxidants.
- Due to the presence of antioxidants, polyphenols, flavonoids and tannins it overall repairs our body.
- It will help you to fight heart disease by preventing bad cholesterol.
- You can lose weight rapidly by drinking this tea.
- Due to the high presence of antioxidants, Pabhojan Gold Tea can help you to repair and maintain your skin.
Click Here to Buy Online PABHOJAN GOLD TEA
Other Speciality Teas of Assam
The tea planters were mostly producing CTC teas. But a few years back, many planters started growing many specialty teas by following organic methods. Some of the specialty teas grown were-
Gold Tea (Golden tips)